Architecture Week’15 – Beyond Shape
Heavy traffic transportation routes as big urban and inter-urban road networks – bridges, tunnels, roads, freeways and railways (and intermodal structures) – are real and complex problems.
Linking parts of the city through specific routes, have been absorbed by the city growth allied with zoning projects from the beginning of the XX century, culminated in a new typology of urban “roads and transportation” that is particularly difficult to articulate with urban space. Appropriate research on this subject – urban infrastructures/space – can contribute to the improvement of urban live, urban sustainability and urban development.
Keywords: research by design, fragmented city, rule based design, digital fabrication, design evaluation and optimization, building information modeling.
- João Sequeira / Filipe Quaresma
LabART – ULHT (9.30h)
- José Pinto Duarte FAUL (10.00h – 18 May / Aud. Pessoa Vaz)
- Nimish Biloria TU/Delft (17.30h – 18 May / S.011)
- Sara Eloy IUL (17.30h – 19 May / S.011)
- José Beirão FAUL (17.30h – 20 May / S.011)
- José Pedro Sousa FAUP (10.00h – 21 May / Aud. Armando Gebusa)
- António Leitão IST (10.00h – 22 May / G.31)
- Arq.ta Florinda Lixa CMOdivelas
Site seeing and presentation (14.00h – 18 May / Paços do Concelho)